Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Why You Should Adopt a Senior Dog!

I'm a huge proponent of adopting Senior Pets. Everyone deserves a second chance at life and seniors have so much love to give and so much life to share. After loving unconditionally, they often lose their home through no fault of their own. They are usually overlooked and are the first to be killed in a shelter. That's a huge price to pay for being a loving companion. 

Many times they are the victims of the death of their owner, or their owner having to go into a nursing home. Family members will often swoop in, take whatever "possessions" they want and throw the beloved pet out of the house or into a shelter. It's horrible enough that they have lost their human but they lose their home. I've written about this before and discussed preventing this from happening but too many people don't make provisions for the companion in their will and arrange a new home well in advance "just in case..."

Why should you adopt a Senior Dog? This video from HooplaHa will show and tell you why...

2 comments:

Gordon Brice said...

Bravo, Darlene. You've raised very valid points that I'm sure many people don't consider. I hope that your blog will help spread the word and ease the plight that many senior pets face every day. I will share on my Timeline of course.

Darlene said...

Thank you so much, Gordon. This topic is dear to my heart. I feel the same way about senior cats, of course. I appreciate your comments and sharing on your Facebook Timeline to help spread the word about Adopting a Senior!